I felt like I needed to save this one for you for Labor Day Weekend. Right? Its frozen and its lemonade and its spicy and it’s a margarita. So basically it is the best of like 4 worlds in one drink.
I saw this Jalapeno Lemonade by Jerry James Stone of Cooking Stoned on facebook and I knew that I had to have it. But in Cocktail form.
And then, it being the last weekend of summer, I thought FROZEN!!! It has to be icy! And because it’s Pia’s 8th birthday on Labor Day and we are having a Mexican Fiesta for her family party on Sunday I got inspired by tequila and thought “MARGARITA!!”
So now we have an icy frozen spicy jalapeno lemonade margarita, and it is goooood! Very fun for a crowd, but a word of warning- it has been a hot summer which makes for extra spicy peppers- so you have to watch the jalapenos. If you can taste it before you add it to the blender that would help! I got a really spicy jalapeno and while the drink was good my mouth was en fuego!
Ok, Happy Labor Day! Have a great weekend with your friends and family!
Recipe: Frozen Jalapeño Lemonade Margarita
- ¾ cup tequila
- ½ cup triple sec or grand marnier
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Jalapeno Syrup (see below)
- fresh jalapeno slices for garnish
- Jalapeno Syrup, makes 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- Lemon wedges
- Sugar for the rim
- To make the syrup: Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a brief boil over medium heat.
- Transfer the syrup to a blender and add the jalapenos. Blend until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container or mason jar. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- To make the margaritas: Rim 4 glasses with a lemon wedge and then dip them into a dish filled with sugar. Upright the glasses and fill them with ice.
- Fill a blender with the tequila, triple sec, lemon juice and 1 cup of the Jalapeno syrup, plus tons of ice. Blend on high and pour the margaritas into the prepared glasses.
- Garnish with fresh jalapeno slices if desired and serve.
- Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
- Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
- Number of servings (yield): 4
Content retrieved from: https://heatherchristo.com/2015/09/03/frozen-jalapeno-lemonade-margaritas/.