If you’re feeling extra daring, go ahead and blend the jalapenos in with the strawberries. I’m a self proclaimed wimp when it comes to spicy foods, so I opted just to top my margarita with jalapeno slices. And trust me, their spiciness still seeps through.
Do you have a favorite margarita recipe? I’d love to hear!
Ingredients (makes one drink)
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- 1 cup California Giant strawberries, hulled (about 4 large strawberries)
- 1 jalapeno, sliced into 1/8” thick pieces
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- A squeeze of honey (optional)
- Sea salt for rim
- Blend the strawberries, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur in a blender. Blend until combined, but strawberries are still chunky.
- Use lime to moisten the rim of your glass. Dip glass onto a plate of sea salt to coat the rim. Add ice and pour the mixture into the glass. Garnish with a strawberry and jalapeno slices.
- If you want it extra spicy, blend some jalapeno slices in the mixture.
Content retrieved from: https://thebuzzblog.calgiant.com/strawberry-jalapeno-margaritas.